Semsey is a Pan-African cosmetics manufacturing, retailing and training company that uses safe and ethically sourced earth derived (natural) ingredients to create simple and effective skincare products.
In a historical context, Pan-Africanism served as both a cultural and political ideology for the solidarity of peoples of African descent.
To be the skincare brand of choice for a healthy African skin, in and out of the continent.
To empower the African woman and her family to be confident in their skin-tone using simple and effective skincare products made from safe, ethically sourced earth derived (natural) raw materials curated to create fun and exciting bath time pleasures.
- We believe raw materials sourced from Africa are best for African skin.
- We believe in creating simple and effective products for the skin from locally available and safe earth derived raw materials
- We believe in fun and inspiring bath-times; incorporating seasonality of products, funny shapes, great smells, appealing to the five senses
- We believe how a person looks is as important as how they feel, and we want to help the African woman feel and look confident in her skin tone – this is what we define as healthy skin tone
- We believe in continuous improvement and evolution of our products through research, and minimalist manufacturing – the fewer the raw ingredients, the better.
- We believe in value for money for our customers, value of work for our staff and value for business for the owners.